Life at NOAA
As an agency of the Federal government NOAA aims to be an employer of choice. To accomplish that goal we offer an opportunity to help balance work and family life through comprehensive, competitive and flexible benefit programs.
- Medical Insurance: The Federal government offers numerous medical
plan options and health maintenance organizations (HMOs) options covering employees and
- Dental/Vision Insurance: Supplemental plan options offer additional Dental and Vision coverage.
- Health Units: Some agencies have health care units on-site.
Quality of Life:
- The Federal government offers numerous group life insurance
policy options covering employees and eligible dependents.
- Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program: Providing long term care insurance benefits to the Federal family.
NOAA Workforce Management Office (WFMO) Contact List
- The current Federal government retirement system is one of the premier retirement programs in the country. This flexible, portable system features three retirement components: a retirement pension; a thrift-savings plan (employee controlled investment program); and social security.